Solar Observer Radio: C Crane
The Solar Observer is a portable emergency radio with a handle that can be cranked to recharge it. Aside from the wind up feature, it also comes with AM and FM tuning.
The common use or purpose of a device like this is to be ready whenever there are emergencies like natural disasters.
If you are living in a cozy home with your own television, washing machine, vacuum or radio, you would think you won’t really have a need for a portable radio. After all, there’s also the internet and your phone.
Nevertheless, there is no harm in being prepared. Since portable radios are affordable and have lot’s of features that can really help you during times of emergency, it is worth getting one. [easyazon_link identifier=”B005F5II1I” locale=”US” tag=”5i20-20″]C. Crane’s solar observer[/easyazon_link] does not only offer emergency alerts but can also be used for entertainment because you can tune in not only to news broadcasts from its AM function but also to music from your local broadcasting companies.
It is one of the best emergency radios in the market today.
- This radio is chargeable through solar power. You do not need to pay for electricity. Just simply let it out during a sunny day and open up its solar panel. Keep in mind that charging this device under the hot sun does not mean you can alternatively charge it simply anywhere hot. Natural sunlight is safest.
- Another cost-saving feature of the C. Crane radio is its capability to recharge by a hand crank winding. Sure, you need a little bit of muscle but this feature is really helpful especially during a typhoon or hurricane where there are dim clouds and no power. This is very useful for taking in updates and news information regarding current situation and possible assistance.
- It captures an AM and FM weather. If you are away from home traveling or on a trip then this portable radio is very handy for having music entertainment through its FM feature.
- The radio has a wide range of radio reception.
- LED lights allow you to see the displayed buttons on the radio, also making it easy to read. It also has a built-in flashlight that is very useful when there is a power interruption and you are without a generator. These lights can be toggled on or off.
- USB Port – Allows charging of phones or connecting other devices through this port.
- Great power source – It has a solar capability, can be charged by hand cranking the handle and can be plugged through an AC adapter.
- Very useful in emergency cases for NOAA alerts and other public alerts.
- This radio is capable of both AM and FM stations with a very wide range of reception.
- Has flashlight and display. The versatility is great as it can be used during power shortages or blackouts.
- Regardless of the radio being able to charge through an adapter, solar, or cranking action, it can also get its power through a AAA alkaline battery.
- It is also a space saver. You can easily store it on your kitchen counter top, living room, closet, cabinet or anywhere you find appropriate because it is not a large device.
- It is also easy to handle and operate as it comes with a great instruction manual that illustrates each feature and its uses.
- The material that the radio is made of cannot stand extreme heat other than sunlight.
- The reception will vary depending on how close you are to the transmitter towers or NOAAs.
- It is not durable to last for many years but just for instant or short time use.
- Cannot function when not fully charged. It is best to always have batteries that are readily charged for use.
- No charging indicator when solar panel is charging or you are cranking it for power.
In other words, the Solar Observer is just one device to pack within your survival kit. It should be ready when you are aware of a huge storm coming or any other emergency cases. The best and less costly way to use it is by charging it first through its solar panel.
Having batteries for this device is also pretty handy, plus buying an AC adapter so that you can easily plug it in anywhere.
The radio also has basic features like speaker mode or headphone mode so that the user can choose which he or she prefers when tuning in to the radio’s AM or FM station.
If you already have a complete set of appliances and equipment at home then make use of the internet and your television to stay updated of the latest events in your area.
You don’t need to buy a portable emergency radio just to stay up to date for the recent happenings. Also, in order for you to spend less, read newspapers and a survival tips guide book sp that way you will be equipped with the knowledge of what to do during a natural disaster.
Always charge your phone if you have one that is capable for internet connection or a phone with many features like radio and internet access.
Nonetheless, a portable emergency radio can also come in handy, just make sure to choose one that you really need and with the most important functions and features it can possibly have.
The Solar Observer is an affordable way to purchase a radio that gives you public alerts and news updates during times of emergency. Always handle it with care and store it in a safe place when not in use.
You do not want to miss the chance to secure yourself with something like this. During rough times the [easyazon_link identifier=”B005F5II1I” locale=”US” tag=”5i20-20″]C Crane Solar Observer Radio[/easyazon_link] can be a great tool to have at times of emergency and distress since this device is equipped with what you need in a portable radio.
Just make sure to read instructions and do a lot of research before grabbing one for yourself.
Find out more reviews about useful emergency radios here.